The Horizons Giving Day Team will:
- Work with local newspapers, radio stations, and other media outlets to continue spreading the word to a wider audience about Horizons Giving Day
- Continue offering trainings to nonprofits participating in Horizons Giving Day, and those interested in the opportunity, on giving day best practices.
- Develop content for nonprofit’s participating in Horizons Giving Day to use, and for use on #HorizonsGivingDay social media pages, Facebook and Twitter.
- Craft your campaign story. How are you celebrating Horizons Giving Day? How will you use the funds raised during Horizons Giving Day? Why should donors give to you on Horizons Giving Day?
- Recruit fundraising champions for your campaign. You can use your Board, volunteers, or staff!
- Let your volunteers know you’re participating in Horizons Giving Day and you need their help in extra special ways! Give them meaningful assignments to fully engage them.
- Develop your messaging plan for the next 2 months to ensure your donors know you are participating in Horizons Giving Day on May 16th. Download the email and social media timelines in the Nonprofit Toolkit to get a head start!